“When you go on the internet, please pray for the Hoffman Family – your missionaries to Cyberspace.”
Volume 32 Issue 2 (March/April 2019)
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News:
- We have been praying for reliable transportation for years now. We have been given a brand new 2019 Toyota Camry for the ministry! God is so good!
- We received enough money to have the second A/C unit installed! God is so good! We want to thank all of you that have been faithfully praying for us and our ministry! Eph3:20
- Bob is going in for prostate surgery on April 15. Your continuing prayers are appreciated!
Church Website Ministry:
- A while back we were invited by Pastor Floyd Brown to present our ministry of First Baptist Church of Flat Texas (fbcflat.com). When Maureen and I were down at FBC Flat presenting the ministry, Brother Floyd asked if we could help get a ministry, Righteous Roots, online. He wanted me provide hosting, and get a basic website up for Righteous Roots. He (and they) would take it over and build on it. Mission Righteous Roots is a faith-based, non-profit corporation in Coryell County, TX. They serve women and children who find themselves in life crisis as a result of current or past abuse. This was a worthwhile ministry to support and since Pastor Floyd Brown was supporting the ministry, I felt it was worthy of our support as well. I put up a website at righteousroots.org using WordPress. I used content from a flyer Pastor Brown provided me, then turned the website over to them. They have worked on the website and have a beautiful web presence for their wonderful ministry.
- Back in February, I received a contact form from Pastor Nick Cultrara of First Baptist Church of Frewsburg, a small Baptist church in Frewsburg New York. They had a website for the church, but back in 2016, due to finances, they let their domain expire. I told Pastor Nick that I could pull most of the information from archived copies of his old website and rebuild his website in WordPress for him. I registered the domain firstbaptistchurchfrewsburg.org and built a generic WordPress template for the church. Pastor Cultrara gave me a call and we spent about an hour and a half on the phone. He liked the template as it was. I walked Pastor Nick through the basics of WordPress, and he caught on quickly. He has already made some changes and has taken ownership of the website.
Here are some comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- A note from a prisoner in IL who has completed all of our courses writes: Dear Bob and Maureen, I will never forget you and are very thankful to God and Jesus Christ for the years spent with you. [Taking our courses] I am a born again Christian bought with the precious blood of Jesus and you were a big help in my walk with Jesus Christ. Thank you God.
- Many of our Bible students live in third world countries where much of what we take for granted is a risk. One of our Bible students shared this chilling testimony of what happened while he was at church… Christians in these countries need our prayers! Dear Maureen and Bob, Just to share with you what happened to us when we were having overnight prayers.It was around 2pm. Suddenly we heard the church people shouting every one sit down if you will not cooperate we will shoot you. As we heard that everyone kept silent and they brought in our church Guards tied and forced us to give them money. They searched every one including our Pastors took away their wallets, Phones, passports and other important documents, three Laptops and a Church projector. They went away with cash from individuals. These were robbers , they were about 30 of them with Panga Knives. But we thanks God that not even one person was injured. This issue was on social media all over Malawi and outside Malawi. I saw God to be faithful even though our items were taken, we believe God will replace the stolen items.Dorothy and I were right in the church during the incident. We reported the Issue to Police as at now one suspect is been arrested. I also informed you trough writing that I posted together with the Lesson. But we thank God that He protected all of us, and we also thanks you for your daily prayers.
Tract Ministry: We have “given out” over 98,000 Bible Tracts online.
Support: We are currently at 70% of support for our ministry expenses.
Would you consider praying for us when special needs arise? If so, please subscribe to our prayer warrior’s mailing list.: http://eepurl.com/SYbI9.
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductible in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on https://cyber-missions.org) or mail a check:
FamilyNet International Inc
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
In Jesus’ Service,
Bob and Maureen