Maureen and I are about ready to head out to Illinois. Please pray for safe travel (and good weather). Things have been going wrong all over the place – nothing major mind you, but it's been kind of like the Chinese water torture.
- The A/C on my truck has been marginal again, and I saw I was leaking some fluid (my truck has never leaked). They came back with an estimate of $1200 to fix the air, it seems that although the compressor has been replaced four times (I only paid for one) there is no paper trail. They tell me the compressor is over heating, they think it is due to a condersor problem. They forgot about the leaking problem. I told them I would simply drive without a/c. The fluid was power steering fluid leaking from a hole in the "high pressure hose." I had that fixed.
- I have a portable A/C unit in the computer room. Apparently it had been leaking for quite some time. The water was collecting in the cover of an upside down storage bin, mixing with cables that had been in the bin, and I think it was literally poisoning us. After we cleaned it out, my sinus problems have all but gone away (since I was also on antipiotic for a sinus infection last week, I can't be 100% sure that is the problem. After cleaning it up yesterday the a/c unit started leaking again. I tried to pull the back off only to find that one of the screws is apparently stripped, so I can't get the back off. Couldn't find my power drill to try and drill the srew head off. Took up a lot of time.
- The vacuum cleaner quit working. Spent time trying to figure out what that problem was.
- I set up a new server that was supposed to be more stable (this site is hosted on it). I have been plagued with many issues (some probably self created) as I tried to learn the ins and outs of the new server. There were several outages I caused over the last week as well as unexplained issues I have had to trouble shoot.
- The old server has been plagued with a spam virus, and the server support people do not seem to be able to fix it, They asked me if I wanted to be moved to another server. I declined the move, in part because I would need to change th IP address on hundreds of domains and sub domains.
All of these little issues are very time consuming,
James 1:2-6 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.