"When you see the DOG go to GOD in prayer for the Hoffman Family – missionaries to Cyberspace."
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
The Latest News: The tent making job slow down was short lived. I have been working more and harder than ever. I am not getting much downtime (even in hotels out of town). I am also not getting as many "quality assignments" (assignments with higher pay) as I could. Please pray for the Lord's leading on the work issue.
Church Website Ministry:
Core ministry websites are cheaper, but are riddled with issues. Not having complete control of the server is resulting in problems with Chron jobs (automated batch files) path problems and permissions. Still working out these problems.
I spent a day updating the ministry database at http://www.baptist-ministries.org. There were a number of error reports submitted, and I am happy to report that I am all caught up!
I was contacted by the new webmaster at Marion Baptist Church (one of our first supporting churches). He wanted to set up a new website using WordPress. I created a temporary domain for him and installed WordPress. He is creating content offline and and when he is ready we will repoint the main domain to the new content.
Bible Correspondence Courses: We want to thank Katherine Feguer, John & Lydia Henrici, JL and Florence Smith for helping on the Bible Correspondence courses over the last several months.
Postage has gone up again. We are currently struggling to meet the ministry's financial needs, and are going to have to start throttling the Bible Correspondence Courses, particularly overseas. An overseas package is costing us from $6 to $39 (USD) each!
Fourth Quarter Stats: We mailed out 1,413 lessons, 33 certificates to 268 active students (90 foreign and 26 incarcerated). We had one salvation (a 25 year old in Cameroon) decision. We had students in the USA, Brunei (new country), Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan (new country), Philippines, Singapore, South Africa (new country), Spain (new country), Sri Lanka (new country), Uganda (new country), United Kingdom.
2011 Totals: We mailed out 5064 lessons and issued 121 certificates. We had eight salvation decisions.
Here are some more comments we received from people that are taking the correspondence courses:
- From a young man, 22, in Uganda who was saved in September… Please allow me to thank you so much for the free Bible gift you sent me a week ago. Its been very useful to me for all the past week and I’m very excited to own one as well. Thank you so much and may the almighty bless you so much. Towards the weekend, I received these Bible lessons as well and they’re really making a very big difference in my life. Honestly, I don’t know why it took me so long to get to know about these lessons but I’m sure God has a purpose and plan anyway. I just can’t wait to receive the next lessons.
- From Pakistan…From studying your booklet I decided to follow Lord Jesus Christ and believe in Him.
- Prisoner, 26, in Arkansas…Thank you for remembering me as if chained with me. Thank you for taking the time to show you care by sending these studies & that Christmas card. I will remember you all always in each prayer & petition to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.
- Grandmother in Louisiana…Please send one of your Bible courses to my grandson. I hope he will receive 1/2 as much enjoyment from your courses as I have.
- Prisoner, 44, in North Carolina…I would like to say thank you to you all for your time and these wonderful studies in God’s Holy word to help me in my daily walk with Jesus and bring me closer to Him. I would also like to say thank you for the Christmas card as it was very touching, it was the only one I received, thank you.
Ministry: We are still "giving out" 700+ Bible Tracts per month, We have "given out" over 50,000 Bible Tracts online.
Support: We are currently at 67% of support for our ministry expenses. 100% of money donated to us goes to support the ministry – we use NO money for personal expenses.
Prayer Needs: The Lord's will regarding secular work and health benefits. Help in raising support for the ministry. This last month we needed several very expensive repairs on both our automobiles. We are going to need to make several repairs to our home in the near future. The Lord has provided a lot of work, but please keep us in prayer for our personal financial needs in addition to the ministry's financial needs.
Specific Financial Needs: We still have several needs
- Projector for the ministry presentation $500-$700
- Vonage phone service for a year – we can get two months of phone service free if we purchase a year at a cost of $360 (includes taxes and fees). If you are going to sign up for Vonage – give us your email address – if we "invite" you we can get a free month. Vonage allows us to call FREE to 60 countries and discounted to others – invaluable for our ministry!
Please consider a donation. FamilyNet is a 501 (C)(3) charity. Donations are tax deductable in the US – You can donate via PayPal (Donate button is on http://www.cyber-missions.com) or mail a check:
P.O. Box 451951
Garland, TX 75045
Thanks to Harvester Baptist Church in Ellicott City Maryland, Lavon Drive Baptist Church in Garland Texas, Cornerstone Baptist Church in Roanoke Virginia and Marion Baptist Church in Marion Texas, Johnny (the Baptist) Campbell, Jim and Carol Cahill, Dr. Nancy Shields of Tool Kit Ministries, and Calvary Baptist Church in Mesquite,TX for ongoing regular support. Additionally we received individual donations from Mr. and Mrs. Cecil Gibbons, Mr. and Mrs Ken Woo, Carol Maulding, Jane Quarles, James P. London and Richard Whittle.